Excess weight can affect a lot of things in our lives like our self-esteem, our health, and our habits. Do not let your weight get you down, get it under control. When it comes to weight loss, you have options. Losing weight can be a positive thing when the person goes about it in a healthy and constructive way.
Medical Weight Loss
Medical weight loss is not surgery or diet pills. It is weight management based on medical scientific evidence that targets the root causes of obesity and weight gain. Our team of medical providers will offer the treatment and guidance necessary to help you achieve weight loss and maintain it for life. Medical weight loss is designed to help an individual with his or her specific weight loss goals, whether to lose 100 pounds or those last stubborn 10 pounds.
It is especially beneficial for those who have a body mass index (BMI) of 30 or higher because it can reduce the risk of other serious medical conditions. While medical weight-loss programs have a much stronger success rate than most self-managed diet regimens, both often focus on the same essential goal of improving an individual’s nutritional and exercise habits.
While there are dozens of medical weight loss programs to choose from, it is important to evaluate and ultimately select a program that delivers a profound opportunity to encourage and maintain healthy lifestyle change. Proactive physician and nutritionist participation in a medical weight-loss program are necessary factors. However, the catalyst for change begins with a desire to take weight loss seriously.
Non-Surgical Weight LossUsing a wide range of techniques, including lasers and extreme cold, these non-invasive fat reduction options can leave you with a slimmer figure and heightened self-esteem. Here are a few of the best options, with the rundown on each one.
- Zerona is a non-invasive body contouring technique that utilizes a laser to emulsify adipose tissue. Clients must undergo six painless 20-minute treatments wherein the cold laser dissolves fat cells and membranes while leaving the other cells intact.
- People who struggle with a stubborn amount of body fat that they cannot lose, no matter how much dieting and exercise they attempt, are in luck. CoolSculpting is the new efficient and non-invasive fat reduction procedure. An FDA-cleared non-surgical procedure that uses controlled cooling to eliminate fat through a technology called Cryolipolysis, CoolSculpting reduces fat cells to a temperature of roughly 4 degrees Celsius in order to crystallize and then kill them. Over time, the body will process and eliminate the dead cells.
- SculpSure™ is an FDA-cleared laser treatment for removing fat deposits from the abdomen, flanks, back, inner thighs and outer thighs. Using a light-based technology, SculpSure™ removes unwanted fat via controlled hyperthermic fat reduction over a short series of 25-minute procedures.
- truSculpt 3D
- truSculpt 3D is similar to SculpSure™ and CoolSculpting in that it uses controlled temperature techniques and radiofrequency energy to instantiate fat loss. This procedure offers body sculpting and circumferential reduction using therapeutic temperatures to dissolve the adipose tissue. Because truSculpt 3D offers two unique hand piece tools, it can treat both smaller and larger areas of the body.
- Vanquish is specifically designed for those who want to get rid of frustrating belly fat. If that stubborn fat layer at your abdomen still causes you trouble no matter how much you’ve dieted or exercised, then Vanquish is one of the best body treatments out there. This unique waist circumference reduction procedure uses radiofrequency technology and a low-level laser to destroy the fat cells.
- Liposonix® can reduce your size in a single hour non-invasive treatment makes it very appealing to many people. This safe, non-surgical method uses high-intensity, focused ultrasound energy to zap away fat in the abdomen and love handles.
Nutritional counseling is a type of assessment which analyzes various health needs in regard to diet and exercise. A nutritional counselor helps people to set achievable health goals and teaches various ways of maintaining these goals throughout their lifetime. Nutrition is an important part of a healthy lifestyle. Without proper nutrition, one does not have enough energy to make it through the day.
A person’s health declines without proper nutrition, making people more susceptible to illness and disease. Nutritional counseling is sometimes available at eating disorder treatment clinics for clients in need of anorexia treatment, bulimia help or binge eating assistance. Such an assessment is beneficial to a wide variety of people and can help those with numerous disorders.
During this assessment, we provide guidance and professional expertise on a person’s current status, helping to improve overall health. We may also recommend fitness programs and nutritional supplements. By seeing a nutritional counselor instead of looking and testing out various products, we can help the client save time.
Through nutritional counseling, we can help the client meet basic health needs and give the client specialized information to fit his or her everyday lifestyle. Various benefits of nutritional counseling include:
- Increase in energy
- Healthier lifestyle and food choices
- Better quality sleep
- Reduced symptoms of disease
- Less drastic range of emotions
- Possible increase in longevity
- Strengthened immune system
If you would like to learn more about weight loss and the various treatments we provide, call (310) 907-8465 to schedule a consultation.